Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2020, 01:13:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

180 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Product inspired by Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge. Available only at Toys"R"Us Canada  (Read 2281 times)

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

Guys, just wait for the BMF to show in the store and pick it up yourself there.  I wouldn't trust TRU to ship this thing intact to my home, no way. 

Get it in the store, it's not like it'll be flying off the shelves at that price. Better yet, have them bring one out from the storeroom where the box is less likely to have been kicked around by some little kid (because you know they've been putting that Slave1 on the bottom shelf where kids can easily touch it, crunch it up, kick it... so it's just as likely they put the BMF on that bottom shelf too). 

Well, it's not confirmed that the BMF will make it at all to the stores. In the US, it's said to be an online only product. What you see on the store shelves is said to be returns from customers. I dunno if that's thru, but various sources confirmed that.

So maybe TRU won't store this product at all. Thus the reason why I may order it online, and if damaged I'll just return it in store and buy a new one from the shelves. If I ever buy it that is. Not clear to me at this point.

I saw those build-a-droids show up online at around 4:30am but man, couldn't bring myself to pay $15+tax for an astromech that's really worth only $7 tops.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I would have like to get the pink and white astromech, but it's not available online. I'll see them with my own eyes and decide which set I'm gonna keep and which ones I'm gonna return.

BTW my order just shipped and I should receive it by next Tuesday Sept. 8th. So they were indeed in stock... :)
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Execute Order 67!!! Bring in the space horses!
    • View Profile

I know Target is doing it online only in the US, but it would be far smarter to put some onto the physical store shelves (if for no other reason, I think Target has to offer free shipping since it is an online purchase and that eats into their profits; put it in the store and the retailer keeps from having to pay $30 or whatever in shipping fees)

The Christmas shopping season (Oct - Dec) isn't that far off.  I'd bet a testicle* that TRU will bring some of those Falcons into the store... you know, for that impulse $500+tax purchase as you're strolling through the aisles!  :rollfloorlaffsmiley:

That pink astromech is probably the only one I'd consider getting if it was on sale. I like the pink one that came in that big droid set from a couple of years ago.

* I don't mean one of MY testicles... you can have Trump's testicle if I'm wrong.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 08:23:27 PM by napseeker »

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Gathering dust awaiting new figures.
    • View Profile

I just had to read the word "testicle"..... twice. Thanks a lot.  :rollfloorlaffsmiley:

DarthMark

• Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile

So far I've only seen 4 out of the 6 droid depot sets on their website

Anyone knows if they're supposed to carry them all?

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

Hoping these show up soon cause they are on sale right now.  The Falcon is 'only' $400 right now.
B/S/T list:
http://www.snowtroopers.ca/index.php?topic=23390.0

BS 6" First Order Tie Fighter for sale.  See B/S/T thread.

66jedikiller66

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile

This entire situation is just another fiasco in a long line of them.
I feel this is because toysrus has no competition, they are lazy and surly and take 3-4 days to unload one truck and get the product to the floor in my town.
I called them a couple of weeks ago a lady who has worked there a long time wouldn't check the  Sku for VC Power Droid wave, said there were none on the shelf and she knew this for a fact because it's her dept. blah blah blah.
Called back 30 minutes later talked to young lady on the phone, she was more than happy to check # and said she would check the shelf, she came back and said the new wave was there but, no Power Droid...and I'm like WTF?
Stopped in today and asked them if they knew when the Galaxy's Edge dept. is coming and lady said she remembered seeing October for the launch but, of course just couldn't remember the date.
I'm kind of at my wit's end with them...there are just not enough retailers in Canada to compete with them so they step up their game...

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

So many times, I would see the new stuff come out right after a sale.  Then I'd have to wait for the next sale and then go price adjust.
B/S/T list:
http://www.snowtroopers.ca/index.php?topic=23390.0

BS 6" First Order Tie Fighter for sale.  See B/S/T thread.

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

I went to TRU to price adjust the Droid Depot figures I got earlier this week. They did without complaining *(usually, they will ask to call the online store to do this, but I said I never get any answers from them, so they agreed to do it in store).

At the same time, I decided to try my luck. I asked for a rain check for the Falcon. To pay 400$ and not 500$. I told the lady at Customer Service that I'm tired that they always receive their stock after the sale is over, that it's insulting and dishonnest. She agreed. And she prepared me a rain check for me to use anytime within the next 6 months to buy a Falcon at 399.99$ instead of 499.99$.

First time I try this. I don't even know if I'll buy the thing, I already have the original BMF. But I'll decide when I see it. I just asked for a rain check out of principle...
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

For all we know, 2 months from now all the stock will be in and the shelves will be flooded with Galaxy's Edge stuff, clogging up the pegs for months to come.

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile

I wish TRU would be shape up as well, especially for online ordering.
How many of you plan on buying the BMF? The only way I will buy it is if it is on a sale. It is also quite large so my wife is going to question this purchase considering I have a lot of space taken up for the Barge. The BMF looks so nice though. A good sale would swing me to a probable purchase.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Gathering dust awaiting new figures.
    • View Profile

They've currently got it for $100 off, but I'm thinking there might be a better price a bit down the road.

Goldenrod

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

after finding Hondo and Montain Trooper this morning, I went back tonight and found the last Captain Cardinal. No trace of DJ tough

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile

The Whitby TRU has an end cap of Galaxy edge.  The staff were telling me a couple of collectors come in and clear out all the 6" figures.  I am not sure which figures they are talking about since I have not seen them.  Are these items - stuff that Disney World would normally sell at the Galaxy Edge Park?   
:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile

No sign of any of these at my TRU yet.

General Brashin

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Dung heap ransacker
    • View Profile

My local TRU got in a case each of Hondo and the Mountain Trooper. Also got in a case of the 6-inch Teebo wave in the new packaging.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side and the truth." B5 - Vorlon saying
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 173862
  • Total Topics: 14416
  • Online Today: 215
  • Online Ever: 755
  • (January 23, 2020, 04:54:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 180
Total: 180

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 44 queries.