Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2020, 11:43:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

191 Guests, 1 User
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Star Wars Movie Posters  (Read 147 times)

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
Star Wars Movie Posters
« on: September 16, 2020, 05:16:10 PM »

Didn't see a thread on posters. I dont actively collect these as I have no faith in my ability to authenticate them. Plus I have no wall space!

But Disney movie rewards has now re-added physical merchandise to their site. Well sort of. As of now the system is down and has been since their noon eastern launch 5 hours ago.

But if it does get going they have a few recent SW movie posters including Rogue 1, ROS, and Last Jedi teasers and one sheets.

My understanding is these are legit collectibles and not just reprints. But maybe someone else here can weigh in on that.

I was looking since I have a bunch of points from my kid's disney movies and was curious to see what was available.

Anyway just thought I'd post in case there's any poster aficionados.

Dale R. Superstar

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Movie Posters
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 05:46:38 PM »

The Star Wars posters (all movie posters) on the Disney Insiders site are 100% official and as real as they get.  Waiting t to order, but the site is not working!

Dale R. Superstar

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 07:40:47 PM »

Site is now working!

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 08:32:57 PM »

I ordered the last Skywalker poster for 400 points. Seemed too good a deal to pass up. Not sure what I'll do with it. It's probably number 8 or 9 on my ranking of the 9 skywalker saga films.

I did also get the Rogue One final one sheet which I think I can find a spot for. It has become my favourite disney era SW film.

Dale R. Superstar

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2020, 12:13:29 AM »

Yes, Rogue One is one of my favorite SW films.  It has been a few years since the Rogue One Final theatrical poster has been offered at the Disney rewards site.  I also ordered another one. Does anyone have any prequel or original trilogy 27" x 40" theatrical posters for trade?

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2020, 02:40:26 PM »

Yes, Rogue One is one of my favorite SW films.  It has been a few years since the Rogue One Final theatrical poster has been offered at the Disney rewards site.  I also ordered another one. Does anyone have any prequel or original trilogy 27" x 40" theatrical posters for trade?

I had a bunch of rewards points in my account around Christmas time... now there's nothing. Anyone else experience that? Did they get lost when they updated the site? Would love to get a Rogue One poster.

I have an Attack of the Clones poster that a buddy who worked at a theatre grabbed for me way back in 2002. I'm not married to it, but it's not in super mint condition. The side edges are a bit worn, and there's a small tear or two in the bottom edge. It's been rolled up in storage for 15 years.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 02:57:16 PM by Wedge1021 »

Dale R. Superstar

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2020, 03:12:55 PM »

I believe that you are supposed to add points to your account once every six months (monthly bonus 5 points work great), or you loose all your points (in the fine print).  They suspended that policy since C-19 in March.  Try messaging DMI on facebook or call customer service, they might give your points back.  Is your AOTC poster double sided?  Message me, maybe we can trade.

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2020, 04:14:34 PM »

I believe that you are supposed to add points to your account once every six months (monthly bonus 5 points work great), or you loose all your points (in the fine print).  They suspended that policy since C-19 in March.  Try messaging DMI on facebook or call customer service, they might give your points back.  Is your AOTC poster double sided?  Message me, maybe we can trade.

Yes, double sided. Will PM.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2020, 10:17:35 PM »

I actually lost all my points a couple years ago. I had been inactive so it was my fault. I emailed at the time, was courteous and played dumb and asked for them to be reinstated.  They gave me a hard time and so I emailed them back indicating that the policy was not fair blah blah blah and that I was very disappointed that Disney would treat its loyal customers so poorly. They then "made an exception" and reinstated my points.

I laid it on a bit thick perhaps but I do think the expiration policy is lame. Much like gift cards expiring. And in this case the squeaky wheel got greased. I was courteous throughout.

I think I saw on the new site you need to either add or redeem points at least once every 365 days.

This was only my second redemption as I'm not all that into posters and 99 percent of the movies I either already had or didn't want. The other stuff is of no interest to me.

I was really hoping they'd have the OT in 4k available for points. I want them but refuse to pay the current prices for them.  I've heard they may be adding new things every wednesday though I dont know how reliable that is.

I may have an extra teaser from TPM that I got from the fan club. The anakin with Vader shadow. Pretty sure it isn't double sided. If you're interested I can check. Episode I is far from my favourite SW film but that teaser poster is pretty great. I vividly remember when it came out and how exciting it was that we were getting new star wars!

Edit: I actually have both the teaser and the final one sheet. Both from the fan club.

Also anyone know of where to get decent yet reasonably priced frames? I'd like to hang my special edition posters. And the rogue one one when it arrives.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 11:23:28 PM by Darth Cujo »

IanToronto

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Today at 10:19:49 PM »

It's like finding gold!

I just went through a pile of Disney DVDs and Blu-Rays,.....and so far I have about 4225pts available....and I still have more DVDs/Blu-Rays to go through.

The Disney Movie Insider website only allows for a maximum redemption of 5 digital codes per 24hr period.....so tonight, I redeemed 5 4K Blu-Ray codes for 1000pts (you get 200pts per 4K digital code).....so I grabbed the Rogue One final theatrical poster.

So over the next week, I will be redeeming 5 codes per day....I have at least 32 codes left to redeem. I'm hoping to grab at least 5 posters.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 173862
  • Total Topics: 14416
  • Online Today: 234
  • Online Ever: 755
  • (January 23, 2020, 04:54:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 191
Total: 192

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 45 queries.