Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 24, 2021, 03:33:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

113 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: ESB Retro Will They come to Canada?  (Read 12356 times)

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: ESB Retro Will They come to Canada?
« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2020, 09:14:59 PM »

I find that avoiding Fedex and UPS is a good thing when it comes from the States. There are no extra brokerage fees by regular post office. The trade off is that is takes longer to arrive.

Actually, there is. However, it is so small compared to UPS that most don't notice. I don't know what it is now, but it used to be flat rate of $5 and then eventually went up to like $10. They call it handling fee I think.
B/S/T list:
http://www.snowtroopers.ca/index.php?topic=23390.0

BS 6" First Order Tie Fighter for sale.  See B/S/T thread.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2020, 09:36:12 AM »

Just thought I would let you know about a negative BBTS experience.  I order a very large box of stuff - figures from several waves I had not gotten from Canada.  Vintage 3.75" , it was a big order.  Everything came thrown in the box with no care for packing it correctly.  As a result 5 of the cards and even the bubbles were damaged significantly.  I found their customer service poor.  Even though they still had the figures in stock as part of a complete set of 4-they would not exchange them.  To be clear I ordered $400 worth of figures, they shipped it poorly, all I wanted was to exchange the damaged figures, they had the replacement figures and they were not willing to break up a complete set they wanted to sell in order to fix the problem they created by packing it poorly.  They gave me a $20 US credit that had to use on another purchase.  So after this experience , I have not used them and I can not recommended them.  Prior to this , I had 3 orders with them that were all fine.  But you never know how good a company is until there is a problem.

Unacceptable. Sorry for your experience, CJ. That sucks.

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 03, 2020, 05:57:57 PM »

I find that avoiding Fedex and UPS is a good thing when it comes from the States. There are no extra brokerage fees by regular post office. The trade off is that is takes longer to arrive.

Actually, there is. However, it is so small compared to UPS that most don't notice. I don't know what it is now, but it used to be flat rate of $5 and then eventually went up to like $10. They call it handling fee I think.

Hmm, I will have to check that next time something arrives from the US. Thanks for the heads up.

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 03, 2020, 06:07:10 PM »

Hmm, I will have to check that next time something arrives from the US. Thanks for the heads up.

Yeah, when I bought high dollar items, I didn't really notice cause the tax amount was so high already.  But then when I was being dinged for taxes on $30-$40 items, then I started wondering why taxes are like $15-$20 for a $30-$40 item and that's when I noticed the $10 handling fee imposed by the post office.  It doesn't hurt too bad if it's over $100 item, but when I was being charged on items just above the minimum, it was very annoying.
B/S/T list:
http://www.snowtroopers.ca/index.php?topic=23390.0

BS 6" First Order Tie Fighter for sale.  See B/S/T thread.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 174692
  • Total Topics: 14433
  • Online Today: 112
  • Online Ever: 755
  • (January 23, 2020, 04:54:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 113
Total: 113

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 45 queries.