Forum > Wampa Cave

Dave Prowse, the man behind the Darth Vader mask, dies aged 85

(1/2) > >>

napseeker:

--- Quote ---Actor Dave Prowse, the man behind the Darth Vader mask, dies aged 85

Actor Dave Prowse died following a short illness, his agent Thomas Bowington told the BBC, adding that his death is "a truly and deeply heart-wrenching loss for us and millions of fans all over the world." Prowse was best known for his role as Darth Vader in the original Star Wars trilogy, a character that was voiced by James Earl Jones.

However, his fans are also fondly remembering him as the Green Cross Code Man, a character that taught road safety to children across the UK.

--- End quote ---

Sigh. Because it's 2020 of course.  This year isn't done spreading its misery around enough.

RIP Mr Prowse.

Canadian Jedi:
I unfortunately never got to met Dave at the Celebrations I attended because I believe he was banned by Celebration 5 .   I did have a chance to talk with his assistance about 10 years ago when I was ordering some signed photographs .   But I knew a fellow Star Wars collector who lived in Caledonia.  He was at a Star Wars show and met Dave and he got him to sign a carded Vintage Darth Vader figure.  A lot of people questioned him about getting a Vintage Carded figure signed because he was lowering the value of it.  Even Dave Prowse did, but he did not care he said the collection is for me and the carded figure means more to me now that it is signed.  Interesting enough, now that Dave has passed, the carded figure is probably worth more signed, because of how rare it would be to actually have something like that. 

"Dave Prowse is Darth Vader"  - RIP

ambasah:
a true gentleman. I had the opportunity to meet him about 10 years ago at a local con. I had him sign the base for my efx helmet. It is one of my prized treasures. It is a shame how things fell apart with him and Lucas.

jjreason:
Without his brilliant physical portrayal, we would have just had a hollow suit. RIP.  :(

DarthVader77:
A very nice man. I was fortunate enough to meet him in person in Montreal. Great stories and very engaging. This is tough news indeed. RIP David.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version