Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2021, 07:56:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

40 Guests, 1 User

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Toysrus itís Time to Grow Up.  (Read 1408 times)

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile
Toysrus itís Time to Grow Up.
« on: July 11, 2021, 08:39:10 AM »

Iím a Toysrus Kid.  I donít want to grow up.  But itís time for Toysrus to put their big kid pants on and fix their retail management software.   At this point I am struggling to understand why Toysrus's management has not cut their losses with their current retail management software.   It does not get the job done, period.   But customer service definitely are aware of it and they are trying to let the customer know they appreciate their business.   Top marks for helping the customer whenever they can and for giving them the best customer service they can under the current system. 

My most recent interaction played out like this.   I like many of you had a pre-order for the rainbow Boba Fett.  It got cancelled.   I went on-line saw it was available to order, so I used one of my many 10% off codes that I have got from all the cancelled orders Toysrus has done and I reordered it and got 10% off the order.   Then shortly thereafter I received a 40% off coupon for on-sale and regular retail items at Toysrus.   And 2 days after I ordered the product it was delivered to my house.  So in the end I am a very happy customer.    I got my Rainbow Boba Fett , I got 10% off it and I have a 40% coupon to use in the future.

But a lot of time and energy is being used by the customer and customer service to keep the ship sailing when what they really need is a new boat.   A new boat in form a shiny new retail management software program that allows customers to order products and for those orders to turn into shipments to the customer and for the products to arrive at the customerís doorstep in a dependable fashion.   They really are in a position to own the Toy Market in Canada if they can just get this problem fixed. 
« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 08:41:41 AM by Canadian Jedi »
:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Toysrus itís Time to Grow Up.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2021, 11:49:18 AM »

Sometimes it's amazing a company lets it go as long as they do - this is certainly the example that comes to mind. Huge overhaul required.

bishop

• Empire
  • Recruit
  • Newly registered to snowtroopers.ca...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2021, 11:09:29 AM »

At least, they are still in business... it's so sad that they are bankrupt in the US.

Unfortunately, action figures are not the main driver anymore. The Lego section of Toysrus reminds me of the glory day of gijoe, star wars and transformers. 

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2021, 01:06:51 PM »

To put things into perspective, just check this:

The Rise and Fall of Toys'R'Us

TRU is no longer what it once was. It's good enough it survived in Canada, because the toy business has changed dramatically over the past decade. Looking at this little video makes you understand how deep Toys'R'Us' fall was.

So I doubt they will invest more. Especially in a new software. With online shopping, I think all these retail stores that are not selling consumables are more than likely destined to disappear over the next decade. Sadly, these rare stores that will still exist coul only be used as mere display more than real retail stores...
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement rťflťchir un peu plus profondťment." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2021, 03:06:18 PM »

I remember 5 years ago a local store employee complaining about it and saying it's supposed to be replaced. Guess that never happened. Or what they replaced it with was even worse, which happens too (hello, Walmart?)

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2021, 12:01:50 PM »

Like I said great customer service trying to deal with a software program that just does not work.   Here is the email they just sent me.  Impressive that they are proactively dealing with the issue.

"Dear Canadian Jedi,

Thank you for ordering from Toys R Us. Weíre reaching out to you in regard to your pre sale Order # 6600766 for the Star Wars Retro Collection multi-colored Boba Fett. Due to a system error outside of our control, we regret to inform you that some orders have been cancelled. The good news is that we are still able to honour the terms of this presell if you are interested. If you received a cancelled order email, we will be in touch with you before July 25th to offer you an opportunity to re-purchase.

If you prefer to keep this order cancelled, please let us know by replying to this email and we will remove you from our list.

We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. If you have any further questions, please reply to this email.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Team
ToysRUs.ca / BabiesRUs.ca"

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2021, 12:43:16 PM »

To put things into perspective, just check this:

The Rise and Fall of Toys'R'Us

TRU is no longer what it once was.

I watched the video and then did a bit of goggling.   It looks like the original holding company went bankrupt .  This resulted in the original IPO in 1978.  At that time they had something like 75 stores after starting in 1957 with 1.   The rapid growth of the 80's another 400 + stores and 90's another 500 + stores was probably part of the down fall.  Too much growth to satisfy the wants of wall street.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2021, 05:48:01 PM »

I remember our first visits when it opened in London, must have been just after the impact of ROJ as we had already switched over to focusing more on GI Joe. The walls seemed to be just full of figures, at least in my memory.

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2021, 06:21:17 PM »

I remember the first time going to a TRU in the US.  Back then, it didn't exist in Canada yet, or at least in my area. 

It was very impressive how much stuff they had stocked on the shelves for all the toy lines.  I wish I had a time machine to go back.
B/S/T list:
http://www.snowtroopers.ca/index.php?topic=23390.0

BS 6" First Order Tie Fighter for sale.  See B/S/T thread.

bobafett108

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Canadian Collector
    • View Profile
    • Quinte Star Wars
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2021, 11:19:37 AM »

I remember years ago when they had one complete row of just Star Wars stuff. same with walmart. now lucky if get few pegs of stuff.
With Wookie Rage

Visit my website
https://bobafett108.wixsite.com/quintestarwars

iWookiee

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2021, 05:09:01 PM »

I found a pic of ESB wall o' Star Wars figs n mini ships. I think it was "Toy Barn"? Maybe. I posted it on FB Snowtroopers if you wannna see.
There is ALWAYS another way!

DarthVader77

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2021, 01:01:19 PM »

Toys R Us came to Canada in 1984. Before that, Toy City (owned by Consumers Distributing) was king. I always preferred Toy City to Toys R Us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tqinAkPzA4

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2021, 01:03:50 PM »

Consumers was magic though. Fill out the form & wait with baited breath to see what they might find in the back.  :party0007:

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2021, 06:03:35 PM »

Consumers was magic though. Fill out the form & wait with baited breath to see what they might find in the back.  :party0007:

Yeah. Thats how I got my Storm Shadow in 1986. Nice Consumers sticker across the front of the card.
B/S/T list:
http://www.snowtroopers.ca/index.php?topic=23390.0

BS 6" First Order Tie Fighter for sale.  See B/S/T thread.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2021, 08:01:01 PM »

That's funny, I have a very clear memory of my brother ordering Firefly & Snake Eyes, thinking there was 0 chance they'd be in stock - they were both in stock. I nearly crapped.  :P
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 175319
  • Total Topics: 14458
  • Online Today: 56
  • Online Ever: 755
  • (January 23, 2020, 04:54:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 40
Total: 41

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 44 queries.