Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 16, 2022, 10:16:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

33 Guests, 1 User

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lucasfilm 50th Amazon exclusive trio  (Read 878 times)

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
Lucasfilm 50th Amazon exclusive trio
« on: January 28, 2021, 11:06:58 PM »

So whats everyone think of these?

https://yakfaceforums.com/main/2021/01/28/amazon-exclusive-kenner-deco-figures-now-up-for-preorder/

Really odd looking. I actually love the greedo. Obi looks super clunky and awkward. The jawa seems odd double robed but about what I expected.

Hopefully amazon.ca gets these. Gotta get the greedo at least.

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Execute Order 67!!! Bring in the space horses!
    • View Profile
Re: Lucasfilm 50th Amazon exclusive trio
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2021, 12:02:26 AM »

I will get Old Ben. He was my first Kenner SW figure as a kid, so by default I will buy a Kenner-colored 6-inch version of him too.  Not sure yet about Greedo or Jawa.  Greedo looks a bit odd with the belt and holster (I assume it is removable though if one was to really recreate the OG Kenner Greedo).

The vinyl cape on old Ben doesn't look so great though, it flares out too much at the shoulders (mine didn't flare out like that, I don't think).  Too bad Hasbro wouldn't spend the money to give Ben a new right arm with a telescoping lightsaber!  That would've been the bee's knees  :rollfloorlaffsmiley:

Shocker for Darth Cujo  :scared0008:. Paul on JTA paid a compliment to Hasbro about the cardback for these figures!

Holy cow. I just realized they fixed the dreadful 6" vintage Kenner card art. They redesigned the card so that the Star Wars logo is centered with the nameplate. And the background looks very similar to the dimensions of the 3.75" card. Good on them for doing this.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 12:12:51 AM by napseeker »

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 08:26:16 AM »

Only intrigued by the Jawa for the kitsch factor. Greedo in that outfit could actually fly - looks good. Obi Wan is a no for me. Looks like his face is melting.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 09:59:10 AM »

Ha that's good to see a compliment for Hasbro. I do agree the logo looks better centered.

The Ben does seem weird. All around these are weird in that they're not full on retro like 3.75 retro are. But they have retro elements (paint, vinyl cape, cloth Jawa) making them a sort of hybrid.

I'd say they're not great but good enough for what they're trying to do.

For the jawa I was hoping they would just recolour the offworld jawa as I have wanted a soft goods 6" scale jawa. But it looks like they just put a robe over the plastic jawa. I think the lower plastic robes are even there which seems redundant. I don't think the offworld jawa had them. And the color of the plastic being light brown and the robe dark brown, while matching the vintage jawa, looks weird.

I still want one since it is a soft goods jawa.

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2021, 10:17:11 AM »

I think I am going to pass on these. I want to cut down on my 6 inch collecting. I would have liked to see a vinyl cape on the Jawa. Overall they look ok.

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Execute Order 67!!! Bring in the space horses!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2021, 10:30:48 AM »

If these sell well, you can bet that a vinyl cape Jawa will be released ...as a con exclusive that sells for 3x the regular price.

Ouch, that photo of Ben on the Amazon.ca website in his duel pose really looks bad.  Again, blame goes to that awkward cape, but some blame also to the plastic front skirt too for impeding his legs.  This is definitely not a figure that you're going to get a lot of good poses out of sadly.

I was thinking that I'd swap the photo-real head with my retro ANH old Ben body, but the photos make it seem like this Ben uses a more reddish flesh plastic for his head (whereas the retro card Ben was more yellowy-flesh).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 175718
  • Total Topics: 14467
  • Online Today: 45
  • Online Ever: 755
  • (January 23, 2020, 04:54:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 33
Total: 34

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 45 queries.