Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2021, 09:56:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

39 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zellers is "back" as a pop-up shop at Burlington Mall Bay  (Read 252 times)

General Brashin

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Dung heap ransacker
    • View Profile
Zellers is "back" as a pop-up shop at Burlington Mall Bay
« on: September 25, 2021, 04:25:37 PM »

Saw an article that mentioned the Burlington (ON) Mall was opening a Zellers pop-up shop with emphasis on clothing, toys and housewares: https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/zellers-makes-a-comeback-with-pop-up-store-at-hudsons-bay-180209163.html.

I was interested by the toys part but was skeptical because one of the photos showed what looked like the old toy section just with Zellers signage. Plus toywise there has been little new in-store or online especially Star Wars.

I decided to take a look. It was as expected the old toy section rebranded as Zellers. Across from the toys is the clothing and housewares section. There is red paint on the floor to delineate the Zellers section.

There were a lot of toys on clearance and I saw little new. There was no new Lego or Mega Construx. As for Star Wars the only new items I saw were Mattel The Child plush figures and 2 Lightsaber Squad lightsabers.

On clearance were some old SW Lego sets: Moloch's Landspeeder, 2018 Advent Calendar, Resistance Transport Pod and Death Star Cannon. There were Spark & Go BB-8/D-0 and GOA figures: R2, BB-8 & D-0 multipack and tube Leias and Hans.

This is not the Zellers we are looking for except maybe the clearance part but that assumes they have something you want. I suppose once they clear out some items the situation could get better but I'm not holding my breath.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side and the truth." B5 - Vorlon saying

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Zellers is "back" as a pop-up shop at Burlington Mall Bay
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2021, 06:47:39 PM »

Interesting idea, anyhow. I wonder if we'll actually see the brand "back in action" as a clearance centre for The Bay some day down the road.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 175370
  • Total Topics: 14461
  • Online Today: 32
  • Online Ever: 755
  • (January 23, 2020, 04:54:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 39
Total: 39

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 43 queries.