Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 29, 2021, 06:05:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

41 Guests, 1 User

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Vintage Collection Antoc Merrick X-Wing  (Read 1513 times)

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Collection Antoc Merrick X-Wing
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2021, 07:31:34 PM »

There is some possibility he will get a single carded release down the road. Hard for me to imagine they'd do all the work on that very desirable figure & card not to take another run at making some money off it.

iWookiee

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2021, 04:51:19 AM »

Target is doing a  pre-order for BS Antoc Merrick
TCIN: 81959544
UPC: 5010993904990
Item Number (DPCI): 087-16-3069
Not Vintage, but if you just wanted the fig. TRU will probably get this one too...eventually.
https://www.target.com/p/star-wars-the-black-series-antoc-merrick-target-exclusive/-/A-81959544
There is ALWAYS another way!

fishfan

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • you talkin to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2021, 09:05:35 AM »

There is some possibility he will get a single carded release down the road. Hard for me to imagine they'd do all the work on that very desirable figure & card not to take another run at making some money off it.
  This is certainly possible, but they would probably change the cardback to differentiate the versions.  I'm ok with that.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2021, 09:12:37 AM »

Target is doing a  pre-order for BS Antoc Merrick
TCIN: 81959544
UPC: 5010993904990
Item Number (DPCI): 087-16-3069
Not Vintage, but if you just wanted the fig. TRU will probably get this one too...eventually.
https://www.target.com/p/star-wars-the-black-series-antoc-merrick-target-exclusive/-/A-81959544

That's probably going to be a 6" version as opposed to the 3.75" - still a great choice for a Black Series figure.

Goldenrod

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2021, 10:32:42 AM »

Found 1, or should I Say 6 in Montréal

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2021, 02:00:20 PM »

Hopefully JediPatrick has the same luck. I'm glad it's there for you guys.

Goldenrod

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2021, 02:52:45 PM »

Hopefully JediPatrick has the same luck. I'm glad it's there for you guys.

We live close, I Got him one

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2021, 08:53:22 PM »

Awesome.  :)`

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2021, 07:24:23 PM »

I'm furious. :mad0137: :mad0137:

Just talked to a TRU store manager and she confirmed me that Antoc Merrick's X-Wing WON'T BE COMING TO QUEBEC STORES AT ALL. They'll be available pretty much everywhere EXCEPT in Quebec. There is an official "ban" on it. And it's not due to the unilingual box: the box is trilogo!!!  :mad0137: >:(

And they can't even transfer an item from one store to a Quebec store.

I'm really pissed off. This is really excruciating as a hobby for me right now.

Anyway, any help  getting this would be greatly appreciated. I will cover the costs and shipping and handling fees, can PayPal the funds or etransfer them, as soon as purchase is made...

This kinda ruined my day... :-(

I don't know if the statement is related just Quebec City or anywhere in the province of Quebec.

However, I saw a report that someone found this at a Montreal TRU. 

B/S/T list:
http://www.snowtroopers.ca/index.php?topic=23390.0

BS 6" First Order Tie Fighter for sale.  See B/S/T thread.

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2021, 09:23:00 PM »

I'm furious. :mad0137: :mad0137:

Just talked to a TRU store manager and she confirmed me that Antoc Merrick's X-Wing WON'T BE COMING TO QUEBEC STORES AT ALL. They'll be available pretty much everywhere EXCEPT in Quebec. There is an official "ban" on it. And it's not due to the unilingual box: the box is trilogo!!!  :mad0137: >:(

And they can't even transfer an item from one store to a Quebec store.

I'm really pissed off. This is really excruciating as a hobby for me right now.

Anyway, any help  getting this would be greatly appreciated. I will cover the costs and shipping and handling fees, can PayPal the funds or etransfer them, as soon as purchase is made...

This kinda ruined my day... :-(

I don't know if the statement is related just Quebec City or anywhere in the province of Quebec.

However, I saw a report that someone found this at a Montreal TRU.

Yes, the statement was for the entire province. That'swhat the TRU store manager in Laval (near Montreal) tol me after looking at her computer, looking at all the stock numbers everywhere but showing N/A in all Quebec. She even looked and told me there was a note saying the product was not adequate for Quebec. And she even told me the system wouldn't allow a transfer from a store locted in another province to a store in Quebec.

So it seems she was a stupid MF liar. And I begin to think she probably knew I was a collector (even though I barely set foot in this store) and she just wanted to get rid of me.

Apparently there are only two stores in the Montreal area (yet) that have received this item. All others show zero stock, but that will certainly change soon.

So lesson learned: never trust a big MF b**tch working at TRU.  >:(

"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

fishfan

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • you talkin to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2021, 07:19:58 AM »

Having worked at TRU for over 10 years, I find this distasteful. You wouldn't call her this to her face and at the end of the day, you're talking about an overpriced piece of plastic.  That we live in a world where you got this animated over a mistake in a computer system that this person can only look stuff up on is ridiculous. 

There have been numerous items at TRU and other retailers that never get shipped to Quebec typically because of the language laws.  Many exclusives aren't manufactured with bilingual or trilingual packaging and as a result, don't show up there.

Grow up.

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Execute Order 67!!! Bring in the space horses!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2021, 01:21:38 PM »

Yes, the statement was for the entire province. That'swhat the TRU store manager in Laval (near Montreal) tol me after looking at her computer, looking at all the stock numbers everywhere but showing N/A in all Quebec. She even looked and told me there was a note saying the product was not adequate for Quebec. And she even told me the system wouldn't allow a transfer from a store locted in another province to a store in Quebec.

So it seems she was a stupid MF liar. And I begin to think she probably knew I was a collector (even though I barely set foot in this store) and she just wanted to get rid of me.

Apparently there are only two stores in the Montreal area (yet) that have received this item. All others show zero stock, but that will certainly change soon.

So lesson learned: never trust a big MF b**tch working at TRU.  >:(

This is a bit harsh.  I have a friend who works at my local TRU and she quite often has helped me out over the past decade. There have been times over the years where she swears up and down that a certain item that I'm looking for isn't in the back storeroom (and since she stocks the shelves regularly, and goes back there, I have no reason not to believe her).  BUT since I go to my local store almost daily during the pre-pandemic times, I will come into the store the very next day and that same item which supposedly didn't come in, has been put out on the shelf!

It's possible that she could've lied for some reason, or simply gotten confused and didn't realize the product was in the storeroom (the identification on the Hasbro boxes aren't always 100% easy to tell what toy is inside), but in general I don't believe 99% of TRU employees are trying to screw with customers. It wouldn't make good business sense.  It's likely that they aren't aware of everything going on around them, or the computer system isn't updated with the latest changes, maybe even confusion (she recently swore that she put out a MotU Origins Skeletor that I'd been looking for during her shift last week, but since I was there at the time, I knew she hadn't, I attribute it to misremembering on her part).

I think the key thing is not to fully and blindly trust what any one person tells you about the availability of specific stock. You still have to do your own due diligence and unfortunately make regular toyruns to verify that the toy won't still make it to the shelf in some way.

TILALLR1

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2021, 05:22:08 PM »

How are you guys searching the store stock? I have been checking the last several weeks but have come up empty.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 05:23:57 PM by TILALLR1 »
TIL ALL ARE ONE

Ookk

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2021, 05:35:21 PM »

I found one at my local (Ontario) TRU.  Wasn't showing up on stock track at all; just had a gut feeling.

LordPrelude

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Your Powers are weak (insert your name here)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2021, 09:56:04 AM »

I scored one in a toys r us in Ontario. Box was mint and wasn’t tied up with those security tags.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 175526
  • Total Topics: 14462
  • Online Today: 53
  • Online Ever: 755
  • (January 23, 2020, 04:54:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 41
Total: 42

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 46 queries.