Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 29, 2021, 06:00:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

44 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Star Wars Collectors Expo - Sunday, November 07, 2021 10am-4pm Mississauga, ON  (Read 257 times)

IanToronto

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

Proof of vaccination is now required in Ontario to attend public gatherings and masks are mandatory.

Star Wars Collectors Expo - The show will feature a huge selection of vintage and modern Star Wars action figures, comics, and other collectibles as well as special guests from the Star Wars franchise.

SPECIAL GUEST: DIRK BEER (stunt performer and coordinator) portrayed six different roles which were Boba Fett (Return of the Jedi), Sergeant Junkin, Barada, a Stormtrooper, a Biker Scout and a Gamorrean Guard. He will be available for autographs and photos all day Sunday.

When:
Sunday, November 07, 2021
Hours: 10 am 4 pm

6750 Mississauga Road, Mississauga, ON

FREE PARKING!!!

Admission/Ticket Information:
EARLY ADMISSION (10 am entry) $20
GENERAL ADMISSION (after 12 pm) $10
Entry after 12 pm dependent on show capacity (you will need to wait until others leave the show floor)
CHILDREN 5 to 12 $5
KIDS 4 AND UNDER FREE

Show will be running at 50% capacity. Exhibitor tables will be 6ft apart. Separate entrance and exit to the show floor. Masks are mandatory. Proof of vaccination for COVID-19 required.

Tickets are available at the door. All prices are in Canadian dollars.
For more information go to http://www.starwarsexpo.ca

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Execute Order 67!!! Bring in the space horses!
    • View Profile

Did anyone attend this toyshow?

I am curious as to what the turnout has been for the last 2 big toyshows.  I haven't been to any of these, partly because the Ontario numbers still feel too high for my comfort level (we just climbed from a low of about 390 new daily infections back up to above 600 again today so things aren't stable and are likely to climb again as we head into the winter).

Also, it seems as if the new change to let general admission happen at 12pm instead of 11pm is a huge ripoff. I wouldn't expect anything good to be left to buy after the hardcore collectors who paid $20 to get in, are there for 2 hours and searching through every bin they can find.  That's another huge reason why I'm going to waste the money to attend.

fishfan

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • you talkin to me?
    • View Profile

Did anyone attend this toyshow?

I am curious as to what the turnout has been for the last 2 big toyshows.  I haven't been to any of these, partly because the Ontario numbers still feel too high for my comfort level (we just climbed from a low of about 390 new daily infections back up to above 600 again today so things aren't stable and are likely to climb again as we head into the winter).

Also, it seems as if the new change to let general admission happen at 12pm instead of 11pm is a huge ripoff. I wouldn't expect anything good to be left to buy after the hardcore collectors who paid $20 to get in, are there for 2 hours and searching through every bin they can find.  That's another huge reason why I'm going to waste the money to attend.

I went to the first one a couple of weeks ago.  Tried to buy early bird at the door, but they had just sold out so stuck waiting outside.  I mentioned to my buddy that the idea of waiting till noon was silly as it was based on capacity.  If 300 were allowed inside, but 150 left by 11, they should let 150 in at 11.  That's exactly what they ended up doing. 

Tables were spaced out a bit, but there was no avoiding the crowds at certain tables. 

Skipped this one as the drive (from Keswick), $22 for an online earlybird and no guarantee of getting something I needed for a decent price made me change my mind about going.  And it was a really nice day out.

ambasah

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

I was a dealer and have been for the Mississauga shows from the very beginning. this one was the very best for me from a financial perspective in all these years (it rivaled my highest one-day take from Fanexpo, and that says a lot (smile)). It wasn't jam packed but it was busy, and the people there from 10am to noon meant business. they were eager for a show dedicated mostly to the star wars fan and were ready to spend money.

the show catered to just about everyone. lots of vintage (loose and carded), lots of modern, and some unique stuff I've never seen before.

I think the strict enforcement of the health regulations helped a lot. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 175526
  • Total Topics: 14462
  • Online Today: 53
  • Online Ever: 755
  • (January 23, 2020, 04:54:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 44
Total: 44

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 43 queries.