Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 16, 2022, 10:34:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

33 Guests, 1 User

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Walmart Exclusives Clone Wars Animated 50th Anniversary figures  (Read 975 times)

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Walmart Exclusives Clone Wars Animated 50th Anniversary figures
« on: December 09, 2021, 12:32:37 PM »

Guys!

Found the motherload this morning at one of my local Walmart stores!

5 of each of the new CW Animated 50th Anniversary figures:

- Barriss Offee
- Luminara Unduli
- Aayla Secura
- ARC Trooper (Red)
- ARC Trooper (Blue)

They were sitting on a shelve in the boys section, not even on the pegs in the SW section. 19.97$ each.

I took all of them to cover my needs and tose of my friends.

These were not even showing on Walmart.ca, so I wasn't even expeting them to show up at retail. And had them on order from Walmart US to have them shipped to a friend. Now I can just cancel my US order.

So be on the look out, they're here. And most probably the other 3 figures (Luke Endor, DS and Tusken) will show up sooner than later as well.

This made my day.  :)
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

darthric

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Walmart Exclusives Clone Wars Animated 50th Anniversary figures
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2021, 02:11:14 PM »

Nice news !

I sent you a message.

Regards,

:snowtroopers:
#FightForTVC

Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try !

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2021, 03:08:08 PM »

For reference, here are the UPC:

501099398092-5 ARC Trooper (Blue) (VC212)
501099398090-1 ARC Trooper Captain (Red) (VC213)
501099398094-9 Barriss Offee (VC214)
501099398027-7 Luminara Unduli (VC215)
501099398096-3 Aayla Secura (VC217)

(Last digit for each figure doesn't appear on the receipt but is on the UPC)

Ypu will see everything on Stocktrack.ca :)
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert

bobafett108

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Canadian Collector
    • View Profile
    • Quinte Star Wars
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2021, 04:23:42 PM »

Nice. i hope can find these. really want them but not holding my breath. my local walmarts are horrible
With Wookie Rage

Visit my website
https://bobafett108.wixsite.com/quintestarwars

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2021, 05:57:14 PM »

I saw three new 50th Anniversary 6” Archive figures today at my local Walmart:  Shoretrooper, Imperial Death Trooper and Tuscan Raider.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 06:02:11 PM by old man ben »

General Brashin

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Dung heap ransacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2021, 12:08:31 PM »

I saw a small display unit with same CW figures that JP saw, no BDs.There were almost 2 sets left in the display plus a few extras. Looks like the display could hold 6 sets. The Arc Trooper cards were all bent almost as if someone did it deliberately. There were also some old VC figures in the display - Trench-coat Han, Ackbar, Hoth Luke and ERG. The rest of the display had lightsabers, Mission Fleet and a Grogu item.

Edit: add photo
« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 02:33:20 PM by General Brashin »
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side and the truth." B5 - Vorlon saying

LordPrelude

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Your Powers are weak (insert your name here)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2021, 03:23:37 PM »

Actually I was there when they opened that one (The photo above)
How the package was packed... as in where it was tied up... sliced through the box and sadly all but 1 (which was what I took) for the ARC troopers were really badly damaged.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2021, 07:45:03 PM »

This is the exact display I found out in the prairies - with the exact same extra, older TVC figures on it. Ours was in a different part of the store - make sure you walk the aisles looking for this island if the figures aren't in toys.

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2021, 09:48:58 PM »

The Arc Trooper cards were all bent almost as if someone did it deliberately.

I found the same thing: most of the ARC Troopers Cardbacks were bent, even had one with the bubble crushed. And this when the figures were just put on the shelves, letting me think the entire box of 6 figures for both ARC Troopers were damaged rather than that an act of vandalism. But then I saw the same thing in another store. Again, only the ARC Troopers' cardbacks were damaged. Now I have my doubts. The stores are approximately 15min apart, so it could really be the same guy travelling from store to store making sure no one would get ARC Troopers with perfect cardbacks. If that is so, this is very lame and childish...  :crazy:

As for the Battle Droid, I've read on another site that this is scheduled to be released next Spring (March 1st, 2022 I believe). Again a Walmart Exclusive. He didn't make the cut for this first wave, even though you could order it on Walmart.com (US website).

Frank Herbert

LordPrelude

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Your Powers are weak (insert your name here)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2021, 10:36:39 PM »

Having seen the way the pallet was packaged, it wouldnt surprise me if they were all packed this way... It was tied up with an outer lid that was wrapped tightly (and torn at the top) exactly where the figures are. This would explain why all the cards have damage. Just my two cents.

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2021, 12:47:16 AM »

I saw (2) full untouched pallets tonight.  One suffered from heavy damage and the other didn't. So I think it is luck of the draw.   And the figures that were damaged were the clone troopers, but they are on the top right side of the pallet.   
:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

General Brashin

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Dung heap ransacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2021, 06:05:41 PM »

As for the Battle Droid, I've read on another site that this is scheduled to be released next Spring (March 1st, 2022 I believe). Again a Walmart Exclusive. He didn't make the cut for this first wave, even though you could order it on Walmart.com (US website).

Not sure I would put too much faith in a date posted in July since it's the same date they used for the other 5 CW figures. I was hoping that maybe some of the displays would contain BDs but I haven't seen any such reports. The rollout of the displays seems to be somewhat slow around my location as I've only seen one so far.

Neither have I seen a photo of the BD cardback even though starwars-figuren.com had cardback photos of the other 5 figures back in July.
I guess we'll have to see what happens in the US before speculating that BDs might get lost in the shuffle for Canada.

As an aside there is a listing for the ARC Trooper at walmart.ca but it is currently unavailable to order https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/6000203875340

"Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side and the truth." B5 - Vorlon saying

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2021, 07:54:46 PM »

Not sure I would put too much faith in a date posted in July since it's the same date they used for the other 5 CW figures. I was hoping that maybe some of the displays would contain BDs but I haven't seen any such reports. The rollout of the displays seems to be somewhat slow around my location as I've only seen one so far.

Neither have I seen a photo of the BD cardback even though starwars-figuren.com had cardback photos of the other 5 figures back in July.
I guess we'll have to see what happens in the US before speculating that BDs might get lost in the shuffle for Canada.

As an aside there is a listing for the ARC Trooper at walmart.ca but it is currently unavailable to order https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/6000203875340

The BD cardback does exist an was shown by HAsbro in their Press Release to various SW influencers including YakFace last July 21st along with the 5 other exclusives: 50th Anniversary Battle Droid Cardback

From YakFace's IG account: 50th Anniversary Clone Wars TVC figures

50th Anniversary Battle Droid Loose

As for its availability, who's to say? The figures have yet to be found in the US. And in Canada, the BD is not part of the display at all (I saw this display in at least 8 Walmart stores in the initial days of release). I was also expecting it, but it's clearly not sold in Canada at the current time. Maybe they will be offered in the US at the same time as the other figures, we'll see...

Frank Herbert

General Brashin

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Dung heap ransacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2021, 09:08:09 PM »

The BD cardback does exist an was shown by HAsbro in their Press Release to various SW influencers including YakFace last July 21st along with the 5 other exclusives: 50th Anniversary Battle Droid Cardback

Sorry I should have been clearer I meant the actual back of the card not the front which of course almost every site has. starwars-figuren.com has photos of the back of the card for 5 figures but not the BD http://forum.starwars-figuren.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2319

From YakFace's IG account: 50th Anniversary Clone Wars TVC figures

Not sure if the YakFace's IG shows the back of the card as I don't have an IG account but checking the posts on yakface I don't think so.

50th Anniversary Battle Droid Loose

Tunghori has loose BDs.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 09:11:35 PM by General Brashin »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 175718
  • Total Topics: 14467
  • Online Today: 45
  • Online Ever: 755
  • (January 23, 2020, 04:54:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 33
Total: 34

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 44 queries.