Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 17, 2022, 12:11:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

26 Guests, 2 Users
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Book of Boba Fett TV Show (SPOILERS!!!!)  (Read 826 times)

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Execute Order 67!!! Bring in the space horses!
    • View Profile
Re: Book of Boba Fett TV Show (SPOILERS!!!!)
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2022, 09:57:23 AM »

Do we know what the name of that sand creature is?  I thought it was going to be a Rancor.

It would've been interesting to see a baby Rancor tackle Boba Fett.  I don't think the creature has been publicly named yet by Lucasfilm, someone online speculated that it could've been a new version of a gundark, which would've been quite interesting. I found the design to be a bit un-Tatooine-ish if that makes any sense, it looked more like something that was imported from another world and found itself on Tatooine, rather than being something native to it.  I do appreciate the homage to a certain stop-motion animator though, even if the creature itself was CGI.

And what is the story about those gordes with water in them.  Why do they even exist in the sand?

I just assumed these were eggs for some reason, and that the water inside them was to keep alive the embryo, until some Tuskens would happen along, dig them up, and drink them up!

@OMB: new episodes should be released every Wednesday. I believe it is a 7-episode season, which I can already say feels far too short if each one is going to be under 40min.

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2022, 10:00:49 AM »

The first episode wasn't that bad, but it's definitely lazy storytelling with lots of OT nostalgic fans baits. We can already tell that there won't likely be any real-depth plot other than Boba Fett beginning his rule over the Tatooine Mob (or the Outerrim region). This is far from a story I wanted to see, even with the flashbacks. In fact, I didn't want anything Boba Fett related. At all. I don't see why we get such a series of a character that has nothing to bring to the overall SW story...

To be honest, I doubt there's gonna be any ties in this show to a real Star Wars story like the Skywalker Saga, the Jedi, even the rebirth of the Empire into the First Order. It's gonna be as shallow as the main character is (which is why it always troubles me that people get confused between a "mysterious" character and a "empty shallow" background character: Boba Fett is not mysterious, he's just not developped enough because he is a very secondary character. Anyway...) So Favreau and al will mainly show us Boba Fett and his "charms" (mostly his iconic outfit and gadgets) more than any real character development other than Temura's violent tantraums plunging blades and gaffi sticks in adversaries from a lower angle view.

It's quite obvious that this show is a ridiculous attempt to gain more subscribers to Disney+: they know Star Wars fans will wet themselves whenever Boba Fett is mentionned or appear on screen, so that's what they'll give us: Boba Fett. They don't have to do much, just putting him on screen. People will want more and will probably say it's he best show they've seen since ROTJ. I'm also pretty sure most people would have found E7-E8-E9 outstanding movies if Boba Fett was involved in there somehow... but that's a story for another time...

Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed the first chapter even though nothing in there was spectacular (both story-wise and visually: this is very low cinematrography, there's nothing of grandeur in there, nothing spectacular, most shots are sub-SW level, low quality and the least impressive real-action SW material I've seen in a looooong time). But at this point, the series pretty much meets my expectations, which were quite low: we'll see Boba Fett, we'll see some new and hopefully maybe cool characters, but I doubt the show's existence will bring anything interesting to the SW saga I like and I've grown with. The show wouldn't exist at all and it wouldn't make any difference to me.

I really hope they'll prove me wrong, but I seriously doubt it.

The only things that made me smile (again) in that first (far from original and creative) chapter are the Banthas:tongue0024: Because I like Banthas. And it'll probably give Hasbro a good reason to release one in a TVC box package in the not too distant future. Although with a TBOBF logo rather than a SW logo, but oh well, at least we'll maybe get one...
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2022, 10:45:33 PM »

The only things that made me smile (again) in that first (far from original and creative) chapter are the Banthas:tongue0024: Because I like Banthas. And it'll probably give Hasbro a good reason to release one in a TVC box package in the not too distant future. Although with a TBOBF logo rather than a SW logo, but oh well, at least we'll maybe get one...

LOL, maybe Haslab will put out 6" scale Bantha with a $500 price tag.

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2022, 10:15:58 PM »

I am guessing that the 2nd episode will be basis for the Boba Fett Musical on Broadway.
:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2022, 08:06:15 AM »

I wondered what I was watching at least 3x during that second episode.

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2022, 08:48:52 AM »

LOL, maybe Haslab will put out 6" scale Bantha with a $500 price tag.

Nah, not in the BS crap ​scale. Anyway, I think Hasbro has learned their lesson and won't give another chance to the BS fans to hit them again. I seriously doubt we will see them launch another BS campaign for quite a while...

BTW, Hasbro did listen to their disgruntled detractors: they gave them a quite affordable 6'' Rancor, exactly as it appeared in Chapter 2 of The Book of Boba Fett. Basically no Rancor at all and at no cost! I'm afraid that's what BS fans will ever have in terms of Rancor now. Thinking otherwise just makes one sounds like a Night Wind Assassin when the Rancor cages open...  :tongue0024:

"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2022, 10:50:09 AM »

I enjoyed the second episode. I am lucky enough to be able to watch it with my kids who also enjoy it. The episode showed me that the character of Boba Fett is evolving. This satisfies my earlier thought that he seemed different than what we know him to be.

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2022, 09:45:49 PM »

I thought chapter 2 was a huge improvement over last week. It also helped that it was almost twice the running time so things didn't feel nearly as rushed.

This episode won't just change how people perceive Boba Fett but also how they see the Tuskens, as I don't think they've ever been shown with as much humanity and relatability until now.  Of course, the darker outfits will give Hasbro plenty of opportunities to cash in with a darker repaint of their Tusken Raider mold...  :rollfloorlaffsmiley:

A solid 9/10 for me.  It felt like half a feature film this time, and the production values were even better than last week's show.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2022, 07:46:47 AM »

Part 3 was my favourite so far. The guest star made me smile big time (no surprise, what with Robert Rodriguez being so involved). Not loving the scooters but that's a minor complaint. Great fight scene.

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2022, 02:58:25 PM »

Based on some of the negative online fan reactions, I was bracing myself when watching chapter 3 but I also enjoyed it.  Sure the stylish colorful hoverbikes do seem very out of place on a place like Tatooine, but I'll let it slide since I think it was intended as a nod to American Graffitti and done to make George Lucas happy..

Spoilers follow:

- I predicted to a friend last week that the Tuskens would get wiped out, leading to Fett being motivated to set up his own criminal empire to get revenge. That seems to be what we're on track for now... although I did wonder if the Nikto bikers were really the ones behind the massacre.  It could also have been the Pykes framing the Nikto, knowing that Boba would then spend all his energy on getting revenge on the bikers, thus the Pykes would pit two small factions against each other... and once they wipe one another out, the Pykes wouldn't have to pay protection money to anyone.

- I don't like how uneven the flow of the storytelling seems to be. This week, the Hutts which seemed to have been set up to be the big enemies that Fett would have to contend with, simply apologize and pull out of the planet completely with little fanfare.  Felt very anti-climatic and a twist for no reason.

- if I were Fett, I'd still be highly suspicious of the Rancor gift and its keeper. I kept thinking the entire time of how this reminded me of the story of the Trojan Horse.... or in this case, a Trojan Rancor...

- I did like that Fett simply released the wookie rather than kill him.  They obviously know one another from past gigs, and he recognized that the mercenary was just doing his job and it wasn't personal.  It takes a professional to recognize that it's not always necessary to kill a hired gun who is just doing their job... although I think it was Fennec who again asked if it was such a good idea to let him go.  Glad someone is at least a bit paranoid.

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2022, 03:23:47 PM »

Bringing the Rancor into Fett’s story sure makes Hasbro look silly.  if they had timed their Rancor Haslab project to come after the Book of Fett they might have had a better shot at success in launching it

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2022, 06:21:02 AM »

- I did like that Fett simply released the wookie rather than kill him.  They obviously know one another from past gigs, and he recognized that the mercenary was just doing his job and it wasn't personal.  It takes a professional to recognize that it's not always necessary to kill a hired gun who is just doing their job... although I think it was Fennec who again asked if it was such a good idea to let him go.  Glad someone is at least a bit paranoid.

He may have some understanding of the Wookie "life debt" concept as well. I don't think we've see the last of Black Krrsantan.

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2022, 10:18:25 AM »

Bringing the Rancor into Fett’s story sure makes Hasbro look silly.  if they had timed their Rancor Haslab project to come after the Book of Fett they might have had a better shot at success in launching it

Definitely. I am betting Disney shared nothing of the Rancor/Boba Fett story with Hasbro. If they had, you would think Hasbro could have waited a couple of months and then come out with an awesome Rancor project. Although, I would prefer it in the 3.75".

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2022, 10:19:43 AM »

He may have some understanding of the Wookie "life debt" concept as well. I don't think we've see the last of Black Krrsantan.

For sure, I think Krrsantan will be joining Boba's team.

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2022, 10:41:17 AM »

I also agree, whether it's due to a life debt or just "You saved my life and I feel duty-bound to now save yours, even though in the comics I am mostly ruthless and don't really do that kind of noble stuff, this show is about normally ruthless bounty hunters now acting noble and against character so that audiences will like us and buy our action figures"  he will come back to save Boba in his most dire moment just like Han Solo did for Luke!  It's like poetry, it rhymes!!!!

I love the fact that some folks online refer to Black Krrsantan as "Black Santa" because that is far more easier to spell and that is how I'm going to refer to him from now on  :P

Reading a few of the reviews for this episode, I think this one could be the potential breaking point for the series. There are a surprising large number of people who weren't happy with the writing, the poor vfx in the geriatric speeder chase, the inclusion of the hipsters and their rainbow vespas, the continuing portrayal of Boba as this bumbling incompetent crimelord with a skeleton crew that he randomly recruits on a whim without any due diligence...   If this keeps up, I think it'll do some serious damage to Fett as a character, Favreau as the showrunner for the franchise, and Disney (well, you can't really do more damage to Disney's rep IMO).

The writing and directing needs to be closer to chapter 2 for the rest of the run, and avoid any more of the Robert Rodriguez stuff that we've gotten for chapter 1 and 3.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 175718
  • Total Topics: 14467
  • Online Today: 34
  • Online Ever: 755
  • (January 23, 2020, 04:54:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 26
Total: 28

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 45 queries.