Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2021, 09:17:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

130 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: TVC collection  (Read 8399 times)

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
Re: TVC collection
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2020, 08:40:15 PM »

Yeah that bespin playset is really skimpy for the price tag. But I expected as much given the jabbas palace playset we got recently. It is nice and I'll definitely get one but not sure i can justify 2 at that price. And the stormtrooper is a  completely wasted slot. I still don't have the second legacy ugnaght that came out several years ago now. If that ugnaght was carded in this set I'd have bought 2 for sure. One to fill that hole and one to keep carded. The stormtrooper I will keep carded. I have no need to open another one. Maybe I can sell the second stormy if I buy a second set to offset the cost.

And everyone is rejoicing over the bespin escape leia. I'm fine with it but I would be content with the old one if it meant an all new OT figure (still not a single one in 2020). Another slot that could have been used better.

And the rumor for the haslab is the razorcrest. As cool as that would be I will pass. No room for another big thing that isn't OT.

Anyway, an okay day. As for the Hasbro reaction to the petition. I'll believe it when I see it.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 08:42:23 PM by Darth Cujo »

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Execute Order 67!!! Bring in the space horses!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2020, 02:11:48 AM »

You can also see pics of the Bespin Playset here:

https://bleedingcool.com/collectibles/star-wars-the-vintage-collection-new-announcements-hasbro/

Mixed feelings... the playset seems underwhelming for some reason. I am both elated to get one finally and not really satisfied.  Yeah, it should've been a carded Ughnaut or the other Bespin Guard that was included with this playset.  And the pricetag on this set is quite steep when it only comes with just the one figure.

Bespin Escape Leia still uses those hips from the Hoth Leia. Ughhhhh.  It's really a cheap kitbash by Hasbro. She should've gotten BJ hips at least, because if her hips are going to jut out that much, then they should be bJ, not swivel.  That was the worst part of the original TVC Hoth Leia figure.

tarkin

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
    • The Sandcrawler Podcast
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2020, 11:20:39 AM »

Is there a pre-order link for the TVC Chirrut Imwe?  I keep checking different sites but haven't seen one.
www.TheSandcrawler.net. Your home for Action Figure Therapy!

Darth Chadus

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2020, 12:52:53 PM »

The preorder was up on Amazon a few months back.  Mine is actually delivering tomorrow.  Its strange since Fives (no preorder yet) and Hondo (shows due in November) are part of the same case?

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2020, 02:09:19 PM »

There might be solid cases available to retailers though too.

IanToronto

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

tarkin

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
    • The Sandcrawler Podcast
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2020, 10:39:05 AM »

Thanks Ian! I bit the bullet and ordered one from Amazon US just in case.
www.TheSandcrawler.net. Your home for Action Figure Therapy!

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2021, 03:16:19 PM »

Well another Fans Last Friday and more frustration for collectors. The main items I want are the three OT vintage collection and they are walmart exclusives. So unless we are super lucky we will be paying a premium to track these down. Not sure i need all three. I usually get 2 of each vintage OT. But the AT-ST driver i only need carded. Leia has been on a vintage card before, so maybe only a loose one if its a decent improvement. And Paploo I'm not sure.Either way they will be a PITA to get. 

And another partial wave reveal for Maul and Ahsoka. Both nice figures but if I want to pre-order them and the rest of the wave I have to either half-blind order a case (which looks to have 3 mauls and a shortpack of a mystery figure) or order the two and hope I can combine shipping on something else and do the same later for the rest of the wave. I wish they'd either reveal a full wave at a time, or hold pre-orders until a full wave is revealed.

Yup, that's putting the fans first.

As for 6",  nothing for me there this time. Except the eventual General Lando release.

Haha, I just realized how negative I sound after criticizing negativity in another thread.  :speechless-smiley-004: what can I say... collecting is getting exhausting!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 03:20:04 PM by Darth Cujo »

Mandalore1988

• Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2021, 03:33:25 PM »

Well another Fans Last Friday and more frustration for collectors. The main items I want are the three OT vintage collection and they are walmart exclusives. So unless we are super lucky we will be paying a premium to track these down. Not sure i need all three. I usually get 2 of each vintage OT. But the AT-ST driver i only need carded. Leia has been on a vintage card before, so maybe only a loose one if its a decent improvement. And Paploo I'm not sure.Either way they will be a PITA to get. 

And another partial wave reveal for Maul and Ahsoka. Both nice figures but if I want to pre-order them and the rest of the wave I have to either half-blind order a case (which looks to have 3 mauls and a shortpack of a mystery figure) or order the two and hope I can combine shipping on something else and do the same later for the rest of the wave. I wish they'd either reveal a full wave at a time, or hold pre-orders until a full wave is revealed.

Yup, that's putting the fans first.

As for 6",  nothing for me there this time. Except the eventual General Lando release.

Haha, I just realized how negative I sound after criticizing negativity in another thread.  :speechless-smiley-004: what can I say... collecting is getting exhausting!

The rest of the Maul wave is ARC Trooper Echo and Offworld Jawa.

https://yakfaceforums.com/main/2021/01/27/2021-master-upc-dpci-sku-list-update/#more-49475

:fett:

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2021, 03:48:15 PM »

Cool. Thanks for that. I guess the offworld jawa is the short pack (no pun intended). You'd think they'd do three Echos and two Mauls. I don't really consider echo a repack since barely anyone probably has the 3 pack. Is maul that popular?

Still can't pre-order a full set in one go. Unless you want a lopsided case assortment.

Mandalore1988

• Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2021, 05:34:10 PM »

Cool. Thanks for that. I guess the offworld jawa is the short pack (no pun intended). You'd think they'd do three Echos and two Mauls. I don't really consider echo a repack since barely anyone probably has the 3 pack. Is maul that popular?

Still can't pre-order a full set in one go. Unless you want a lopsided case assortment.

You're welcome  :u: Not sure why there a re so many Mauls to the case. Echo would have been the smart choice. I'm just hoping for a few figures from the Book of Boba Fett by next year.

:fett:

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2021, 06:09:48 PM »

I want the new Leia, but too bad it's a Walmart exclusive.  At least Ahsoka and Maul are mainline release.
B/S/T list:
http://www.snowtroopers.ca/index.php?topic=23390.0

BS 6" First Order Tie Fighter for sale.  See B/S/T thread.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2021, 09:31:38 PM »

So today's vintage announcements didn't excite me much...

Gaming greats does little for me. Though I like the biker scout and the shadow stormtrooper just because they look cool. Certainly not a priority for me though. And the repack wave is useless for me.

And that repack poll... why not just make 4 of those that are in the poll? Rather than making fans choose 1... weird. Of those choices I either have or don't want 4 of them. I'd like a tank driver since I already paid for one and juggernaut toys never sent it to me. At least they are repacking at least one high demand figure. I wonder what other figures will fill out a wave.

So bottom line, yet another batch of reveals with not a single new OT character.  :confused0024: :(

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 174973
  • Total Topics: 14444
  • Online Today: 153
  • Online Ever: 755
  • (January 23, 2020, 04:54:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 130
Total: 130

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 43 queries.