Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 14, 2021, 02:37:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

129 Guests, 1 User
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]   Go Down

Author Topic: ToysRUs.ca Updates  (Read 74087 times)

Ookk

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
Re: ToysRUs.ca Updates
« Reply #405 on: May 05, 2021, 10:59:56 AM »

All four are currently still up for home delivery (as of 10:59 AM).

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: May 05, 2021, 01:10:29 PM »

DarthDerek for Retro think Dorkside $10.50 per figure vs. $17.99, even with the exchange and a 20% sale in Canada you come ahead and you will get case fresh.   
Yes for the retro waves, they are $9.99 in the US and $17.99 in canada. Bloody ridiculous. Seems like it is Hasbro Canada messing us up. So in this case it's cheaper to buy from the US. Hopefully Dorkside ships them. I've had 2 of my last three pre-orders canceled by them.

I am so unimpressed with the exclusive offer. I had all 4 in the cart and then they kept dropping out. I finally  purchased the Hawk and Echo. I have shipped many times from TRU so I had no concerns. But for some reason I couldn't complete the purchase. That's because, even though I pay $20 for shipping with no discount because I am considered remote:

TOYS R US NO LONGER SHIPS TO MY POSTAL CODE

I just bought from them in February and had it shipped out to me. No problem. But now. I'm 1.5 hours from TRU. Sure there's 1.5 hour drive in Calgary to some of the TRU, but they get the shipping.

TRU shipping is getting worse. They upped their minimum for free shipping,  they used to ship to PO boxes, then they stopped without updating their policies (I had parcels sent back because they shipped courier to a PO Box, despite their own policy). Now they at least updated their policy to let everyone know they don't ship to PO boxes. And now this... this is worse. Pretty bad you won't even ship to some locations. All about them cheaping out on their shipping.

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: May 05, 2021, 02:26:59 PM »

Yeah, TRU sucks.  Also, they never respond to inquiries.  I did 2 price adjustment requests since November and never got a response on any of them.

I'm just going to hope I get lucky and find Echo as I was only able to get the other 3.  I'm not willing to order another $75 worth of stuff if Echo becomes available just to get him.
B/S/T list:
http://www.snowtroopers.ca/index.php?topic=23390.0

BS 6" First Order Tie Fighter for sale.  See B/S/T thread.

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 05, 2021, 02:40:11 PM »

DarthDerek for Retro think Dorkside $10.50 per figure vs. $17.99, even with the exchange and a 20% sale in Canada you come ahead and you will get case fresh.   

Hey CJ, thanx
I do have an order at Duclos Toys.com But I wouldn’t mind another set now...lol

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: May 05, 2021, 02:45:26 PM »

“Bloody Ridiculous” is right! Darth Cujo

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 11, 2021, 09:47:19 PM »

Frustrated with TRU. I was home in Ontario last week & couldn't order the Tantive IV set, couldn't even find it in fact. Get home to Regina & of course it's back available... and in stock 2 km from my house in Kitchener.  :speechless-smiley-004:

I'm sure it's possible they got more stock.... but I'm pretty convinced it was more likely website poopiness.

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 11, 2021, 10:13:18 PM »

Could be the one I returned. It had a big hole in the side of the box.  Definitely poopiness at its best.
:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 12, 2021, 06:32:25 PM »

Frustrated with TRU. I was home in Ontario last week & couldn't order the Tantive IV set, couldn't even find it in fact. Get home to Regina & of course it's back available... and in stock 2 km from my house in Kitchener.  :speechless-smiley-004:

I'm sure it's possible they got more stock.... but I'm pretty convinced it was more likely website poopiness.

I tried during the sale as well - it wouldn't even come up on the website. Now that the sale is over, it's online and showing in stock in my city.

bobafett108

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Canadian Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 26, 2021, 07:55:29 PM »

anyone else able to score the boba fett retro porotype today too from toysrus website.
With Wookie Rage

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 26, 2021, 07:56:04 PM »

I saw it up for pre-order but passed. Not my cup of tea.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 27, 2021, 09:47:46 PM »

It's actually available right now.

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 28, 2021, 07:00:30 AM »

Same here. I was about to order two, than I remembered reading your comment. And told myself: What the Hell am I doing? This is the kinda stuff I never dreamed of buying, yet I was about to buy it just because it was available. Thanks for these words, they helped me getting back to my senses. :)
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 28, 2021, 07:54:59 AM »

Same here. I was about to order two, than I remembered reading your comment. And told myself: What the Hell am I doing? This is the kinda stuff I never dreamed of buying, yet I was about to buy it just because it was available. Thanks for these words, they helped me getting back to my senses. :)
Haha, this is the conversation I have with myself about figures that look cool but are not OT. Sometimes I give in and sometimes I don't.

This one fits my Boba collection so I went ahead. I quite like it. I would have gotten Vader if it was available. But I refuse to pay secondary market value on these. That's where I draw my line.  :)

And thanks for the heads up on this. Didn't think we would ever see this since vader never came here.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 175055
  • Total Topics: 14444
  • Online Today: 129
  • Online Ever: 755
  • (January 23, 2020, 04:54:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 129
Total: 130

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 45 queries.