Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2021, 09:36:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

128 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39   Go Down

Author Topic: Amazon.ca Updates  (Read 101705 times)

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
Re: Amazon.ca Updates
« Reply #540 on: January 25, 2021, 10:16:34 PM »

Yeah I also have little interest in the high republic stuff. With so much coming we really will be able to pick and choose and still should be able to find something to enjoy.

I tend to check out JTA for the news and tend not to read anymore. I blame napseeker for directing me there this time for the review of the tantive set  :winking0071: ;D. But yes its at the point where I'd rather just not go there anymore. Yakface is great and rebelscum is still an old standby, though they don't seem to be on the forefront of news like they used to be. Lately I've been checking out banthaskull. They seem to have a love for vintage collection without the negativity or arrogance.

As for Amazon I wish they had endor Luke available. I'm still looking for that one. I have han, and Leia has been in stock on Amazon for a while. But luke seems elusive.

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Execute Order 67!!! Bring in the space horses!
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 27, 2021, 01:33:39 AM »

I have no interest in any of the high republic stuff either, Nap. Not even remotely.

Anything new that is coming out of Lucasfilm (and there is a lot of new Star Wars coming) needs to be evaluated by every fan to decide if it will be worth the investment in time. Even if I weren't against it on principle, the High Republic feels very much like it's going to be another Star Wars Resistance-type failure... and unless Disney forces Hasbro to do it, I doubt Hasbro will be supporting the series with much in the way of action figures (though I guess they could reuse existing tooling of Jedi from the prequel era).  I really like Charles Soule as a writer, but the premise just doesn't sound that exciting.

Side note: does anyone else think that the blonde Jedi woman on the front cover of the novel looks a LOT like Kathleen Kennedy?  I'll bet you can't un-see that, now that I've pointed it out!  :mad0218:

@Darth Cujo: okay, if I have to provide any more links to JTA in the future and the article includes a Paul rant, I will try to remember to add a warning/disclaimer.  :)`  Even if Paul gets worse with the hyperbolic complaints down the road, the best solution in my book is to just leave him be and let him silently implode.  I just don't believe that collectors should criticize other collectors since each person's passion for the hobby is going to differ in how they express it; it's perfectly fine to critique Hasbro or Disney or George Lucas, as they are the corporate giants that we have to hold to account since they control the health of the franchise.   

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: January 27, 2021, 11:27:02 AM »

Haha, no worries. I think the warning is unnecessary at this point, nap, its expected. I was just teasing as I'm sure you know   :). As far as criticizing, I do my best not to attack and always keep in mind these posts are basically public. I agree with your approach though. I actually really do wish he wasn't so negative as the actual content of the website is very useful if you can weed through the crap. That's why I keep going back but its just become more and more wearying to weed through.

Anyway, amazon has the mandalorian troop transport for 69.99. Is this the lowest it's been? Wondering how low it will go. I don't really need it (not OT) but it sounds like a great vehicle. Its tempting.

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Execute Order 67!!! Bring in the space horses!
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 27, 2021, 03:13:35 PM »

The Troop Transport has been at that price before, I think even slightly lower than that at $67-something.  I'd certainly pick it up at $50 if it ever fell down to that level, or at $60 if it had included a pilot figure or something to add some more value.

I have both the vintage Kenner and the CW troop transports, so like you, it's not a must-have, just a "would buy it if it were cheaper".   Looks like a good-quality toy, but not really iconic or essential.   They had a variant of this transport during season 2, which I thought was more visually appealing than this season 1 transport. 

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: January 27, 2021, 06:21:45 PM »

I think I would pick up the troop transport if it hit $50. This is the price point it should probably be at anyway. Damn licensing fees jacking up the costs.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: January 27, 2021, 08:10:47 PM »

It's a tough sell for me even at 50. I hate not having it & I hate not having the Rogue I tank too (and the barge and the Razor Crest, and the Hot Toys Bespin Luke, and and and) but I had to draw a line somewhere.

iWookiee

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: January 28, 2021, 09:05:45 AM »

I have both the tank and transport. The detailing and weathered  look on both is excellent. I've got 2 tank drivers but missed the tank commander. :-(
 With all the troopers I've gathered over the years, the transport looks great filled up! Worth $70 if that means anything!
There is ALWAYS another way!

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: January 28, 2021, 09:44:16 AM »

I really like the tank as well.

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: January 28, 2021, 02:04:20 PM »

I have to say, I really like both as well - the tank and transport.  Good, solid, functioning toys.

darthric

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: January 28, 2021, 03:36:12 PM »

Same for me, I have just good words for this 2 vehicules. Lightly expensive.

:snowtroopers:
#FightForTVC

Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try !

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: January 28, 2021, 06:48:34 PM »

I love both the tank and Transport.  The only thing I wish was that the transport was the 2nd season version with the manned turret.  I paid full price for both of them though but still love them.

However, I waited for discounted prices for both of the X-Wings.

I bought one Tantive corridor. If it ever goes on clearance, I may get a second one though.  I just want to be able to have walls on both sides of the hallway.

For the Carbonite thing, I would only get that if it goes on really deep discount, like $20 cheap.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 06:50:42 PM by Darth Woo »
B/S/T list:
http://www.snowtroopers.ca/index.php?topic=23390.0

BS 6" First Order Tie Fighter for sale.  See B/S/T thread.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: January 29, 2021, 09:25:03 AM »

Looks like amazon.ca has pages for the Lucasfilm 50th 6" figures:

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08KSDT78R
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08KSFH3K9
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08KSGM41J

Not available yet though.

Darth Chadus

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: January 29, 2021, 10:37:44 AM »

Carbon Freezing Chamber is down to $41.88.  Lowest I have seen it.

bm459

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Orleans, ON
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: January 29, 2021, 01:59:23 PM »

Carbon Freezing Chamber is down to $41.88.  Lowest I have seen it.

I'm waiting for it to break below $40 ... I'll bet it jumps up to full price before it does

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: February 01, 2021, 09:01:30 AM »

Its now $35.

Pretty good deal now considering you get a stormtrooper.  Thats basically $20 for the actual playset. 
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 174973
  • Total Topics: 14444
  • Online Today: 153
  • Online Ever: 755
  • (January 23, 2020, 04:54:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 128
Total: 128

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 43 queries.