Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 29, 2023, 04:17:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

53 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: toysnowman.com  (Read 8173 times)

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
toysnowman.com
« on: August 16, 2020, 01:33:33 PM »

Very impressed with my first order from these folks. 

Ordered my black series Snowspeeder & got confirmation of the order immediately, followed by a shipping confirmation about 24hrs later. The box arrived in pristine shape, packed very professionally. Would not hesitate to order from again at all.

Nice job, whomever you are.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 09:40:49 AM by jjreason »

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: toysnowman.ca
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2020, 03:34:20 PM »

I bought a few figures from there a couple weeks ago. Very good service and the prices are comparable to anywhere else. They even send test message shipping updates.

Also, it's actually .com not .ca

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: toysnowman.ca
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2020, 09:40:13 AM »

Thanks Wedge, I'll amend. I actually reached out to the store & one of the contacts has joined the forums. :)

DarthDarko

• Recruit
    • View Profile
Re: toysnowman.com
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2020, 01:45:30 PM »

Do they charge right away or upon shipment?

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2020, 04:04:19 PM »

My order of in-stock items was charged right away. Shipped the next day.

Not sure how pre-orders are handled.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2020, 04:49:46 PM »

My order of in-stock items was charged right away. Shipped the next day.

Not sure how pre-orders are handled.

This is now a deal breaker for me when dealing with smaller retailers, unfortunately. I've been screwed a few times now by small retailers walking away from their business and not shipping items I've paid for. I'm probably out about $350 over 25 years of collecting so in the big scheme of things not a big deal. But it doesnt sting any less when it happens. Juggernaut toys still owe me over $100.

If a store's profit margins are so tight they have to charge at preorder it tells me they're too close to going bankrupt. I will only buy in stock items or things I KNOW will ship within a few weeks. This way I can at least put in a credit card claim if I don't get my stuff.

It would be great if there was a canadian retailer that can handle reliable preorders and not charge up front. Unfortunately Hasbro is unreliable, especially it seems for their smaller accounts so it's hard to find a reliable retailer to preorder from that doesnt charge up front.

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2020, 05:47:42 PM »

I hear ya Darth Cujo. Northmen Collectibles still owes me money from over a year ago. They stiffed me on an order. I won't pre-order with payment anymore. I am surprised that Northmen is still in business. I guess stiffing customers can net them a lot of money to keep them going.

I have nothing against toysnowman but this kind of things happens all too often.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 05:49:53 PM by Eradicator »

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Execute Order 67!!! Bring in the space horses!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2020, 05:51:12 PM »

Also going to agree with Darth Cujo about this.  After being burned for $250 by Pedro at Toy Addict, I will trust any small retailer only so far, and for sure paying upfront for any pre-order is a no-go.

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2020, 10:34:17 PM »

Playing Devil's Advocate a bit here - I can understand a small retailer charging for pre-orders up front to a degree. Just as a flaky retailer could leave a customer hanging, so too can flaky customers do the reverse to the retailer. I see so many collectors these days posting that they've pre-ordered the same item from 2 or 3 outlets, just so they can cancel the others once the first one ships. This is often to cover their bases in case someone like Amazon cancels the orders (a common occurrence), but sometimes it's just plain impatience. Then the other retailers get stuck with the extra pre-ordered product that got bailed on, which they may or may not be able to sell off right away as regular stock. I'm sure this happens more often to these small retailers as they're likely at the bottom of the priority list for receiving shipments. By the time they get their stock, they've already had several of their pre-orders cancelled on them because their customers already picked the items up from a big outlet like Walmart, EBGames, Amazon, etc. So I can't really blame them for wanting their customers to commit to sticking it out by charging up front. They shouldn't have to finance the flightiness of some of their customers.

I used to order a lot of 3rd Party Transformers from one small retailer, who had a policy that if you pre-order, you can only cancel if it's an emergency circumstance. Repeat offenders would be barred from future orders. I've also ordered from places that charged a deposit, which I think is a fair compromise. Make the deposit fully refundable up until the date that their stock ships from their supplier. At that point, if you cancel, the retailer has the right to keep the deposit , especially if it's an item that is unlikely to be in high demand once in stock.

As for Toy Snowman (or is it Toys Now, Man?), my one in-stock order so far has been an exceptionally good experience, and a friend who recommended them has also had excellent service both for pre-orders and in-stock items. They've provided an excellent packaging experience as well - something that carded collectors are always rolling the dice on when ordering with Amazon.

But as with any online transaction, there is an element of risk involved, and  each person needs to weigh that with their own comfort level.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 10:35:50 PM by Wedge1021 »

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2020, 10:46:10 AM »

For what it's worth, Dork Side charges for pre-orders & everyone seems to love them. I paid for my Snowspeeder Luke & Hoth Rebel Solider months ago & still haven't received notice they've shipped let alone received them. I don't blame a retailer asking for payment up front, especially if they're basing their orders off the numbers.... how many times do you think they order only to have their preorders cancelled when WalMart gets its rare wave en masse?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 11:09:02 AM by jjreason »

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2020, 12:10:52 PM »

I do agree, that a happy medium may be required. I would ok with a deposit or a ban if someone continually orders and cancels.

Toy Snowman

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2020, 02:49:38 PM »

Hello all,
my name is Amir I am the owner of Toy Snowman ( sorry for those who wanted Toys Now man )

First want to thank you all for the invite.
to Answer of few questions
In regards for charging for pre-orders the honest truth is my platform which I host the web site does not have the  capability  to "charge Later" and that the simple and only reason why its like that. The system is controlled by square processor and so no Credit Card or paypal data is collected by me. I do apologize for my lack of tech Skills. In the future if shopify or square or any of the big boys finally offer a "charge later" option I will 100% move to that.

As far as people canceling. I know people change there mind and I just refund and ask why if i can improve.  I do know a lot of stores hate it cause refunding we pay a fee + we paid a fee when you were charged.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask :)
Also these emojis rock  :fight: :fighting0072: :kar: :fett:

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2020, 07:42:21 PM »

Welcome.  :) 
B/S/T list:
http://www.snowtroopers.ca/index.php?topic=23390.0

BS 6" First Order Tie Fighter for sale.  See B/S/T thread.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2020, 07:00:19 AM »

Welcome.  :)

Welcome indeed & thank you for the insight!  :artoo:

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2020, 01:31:16 PM »

Now tell us you will be getting the Tantive IV playset...haha.
B/S/T list:
http://www.snowtroopers.ca/index.php?topic=23390.0

BS 6" First Order Tie Fighter for sale.  See B/S/T thread.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 176494
  • Total Topics: 14488
  • Online Today: 50
  • Online Ever: 755
  • (January 23, 2020, 04:54:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 53
Total: 53

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 43 queries.