Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 29, 2023, 04:48:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

58 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: cmdstore.ca  (Read 1034 times)

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
cmdstore.ca
« on: June 26, 2022, 11:14:58 AM »

Have a few items in my cart there on an advisory from OMB (the snow spider Mando & Grogu set are still in stock there for a good price).

Anyone able to chime in about how they are to deal with? I keep adding things to my cart in hopes of triggering free shipping, but nothing yet.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 02:57:20 PM by jjreason »

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
Re: cmdstore.ca - any thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2022, 02:34:38 PM »

The free shipping amount is quite high - $125 or maybe more?

DarthMark

• Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2022, 06:20:56 PM »

I have personally had only good experiences with them in the past years ordering mostly TVC items.

However, I use their ''pick up'' option so can't comment on their shipping

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2022, 07:31:10 PM »

Thank you both for the feedback. I'll keep trying to get my cart up to 125 - I think I'm just under 100 now, shouldn't be too difficult.  :mad0218:

IanToronto

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2022, 11:29:40 PM »

I have placed multiple orders with cmdstore.ca and have had no problems with any of my orders. I have never had free shipping with them though, there is always a shipping cost. I always choose Expedited Parcel.  I have even paid for preorders in advance and they always fulfill them. Everything arrives case fresh for me.  They also seem to get all their products in before any other e-tailers or retailers. Probably due to their close location to Hasbro Canada warehouse. I am willing to pay for shipping if it saves me time driving around from store to store. I know what my time is worth. I'm in ON so the shipping is not that bad.  Sometimes when I order in the morning before noon, my items ship out by 5pm local time, and it arrives the next day even.

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Execute Order 67!!! Bring in the space horses!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2022, 11:44:06 AM »

Thank you both for the feedback. I'll keep trying to get my cart up to 125 - I think I'm just under 100 now, shouldn't be too difficult.  :mad0218:

https://www.cmdstore.ca/pages/payment-methods

I'm 99% certain that cmdstore does NOT offer free shipping no matter how much you spend.  It's one reason out of many that I don't buy from them.  You'll likely just end up spending more on shipping if you keep adding more items to purchase in your cart.

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2022, 12:29:48 PM »

https://www.cmdstore.ca/pages/payment-methods

I'm 99% certain that cmdstore does NOT offer free shipping no matter how much you spend.  It's one reason out of many that I don't buy from them.  You'll likely just end up spending more on shipping if you keep adding more items to purchase in your cart.

That's exactly why I don't buy from them.  Even their Amazon listings don't have free shipping.
B/S/T list:
http://www.snowtroopers.ca/index.php?topic=23390.0

BS 6" First Order Tie Fighter for sale.  See B/S/T thread.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2022, 03:55:36 PM »

Personally I just wish they wouldn't pollute my searches on Amazon and walmart.ca. they always seem to have stock on those websites for inflated prices when walmart and Amazon run out.

IanToronto

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2022, 04:27:11 PM »

I'm a big supporter of cmdstore.ca, and I only buy directly through their website. There prices are comparable with retail for most of their stuff except for some exclusives.  I have been excited to find some of the latest Walmart exclusives on their website. I don't see why people are bothered that they see cmdstore on other retail websites....that's good business for them....gives them more exposure.....their prices are inflated on the retail websites like Walmart because they need to pay a fee to have that exposure. Just buy from cmdstore.ca website directly (or don't). As for seeing cmdstore in your search all the time on the retail site, it's as simple as filtering out the 3rd party sellers.

Amazon gives free shipping on most stuff over $25/$35....if you like your toys arriving beat to hell.
Toys R Us gives free shipping over $100.
Walmart gives free shipping over $50...if you like to take a chance with them shipping your toys in an padded envelop.

Please send a list of etailers that offer Free shipping within Canada because I am not aware of this miracle.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 04:31:18 PM by IanToronto »

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2022, 06:04:21 PM »

Gamestop gives free shipping over $35.  Toysnowman gives free shipping over $100 and allows me to combine with previous orders.  With all the options avaialble to me, I don't bother with cmdstore.

I filter out 3rd party sellers when I search cause lots of times, if I don't, all I see are stuff being sold by cmdstore but like IanToronto says, it's good exposure for them. 

Nothing against cmdstore.  I just don't care about my boxes as I open anyways so I appreciate it is good for them to be an option if you want mint packaging.  I just have cheaper options that work for me.
B/S/T list:
http://www.snowtroopers.ca/index.php?topic=23390.0

BS 6" First Order Tie Fighter for sale.  See B/S/T thread.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2022, 06:26:10 PM »

Unfortunately filters don't always work. And when searching amazon on my phone, the "ships from and sold by amazon" filter is conveniently gone. That's an amazon issue, not a cmd store issue. But it does clutter my results.

I do wonder what amazon charges them. I doubt it's 25% though. Which is usually about what the difference in price is between cmd's amazon price and Amazon's retail price. Seems a bit excessive to me. And their website prices seem hit and miss. For example why is classified Tomax $40? He isn't even out yet. Yes I get they sometimes have to offset pegwarmers by increasing prices of desirable figures but it seems inconsistent. And they have downright scalper-ish prices on some stuff. Anyway, to each their own. I just know I've never found enough to order at a given moment at decent prices to make it worth my while. And they pollute my searches on Amazon and walmart.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2022, 06:35:44 PM »

Please send a list of etailers that offer Free shipping within Canada because I am not aware of this miracle.

I use Toysnowman & get free shipping every time using their combine/hold orders feature. They are my go-to at this point. In this particular case I was looking for a couple of items that they don't have in stock & found them at CMD - was hoping I might be able to pull a similar stunt & get them to hold until I could get past their break point - doesn't look like it.

I'm totally ok with that, by the way, I know they're not gouging on shipping based on the quoted prices.

Now all that's left is deciding whether I want the items bad enough to pay for shipping or not!  :luke:

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2022, 11:06:07 AM »

Perfect example of what I was talking about. Go to the link below right now for the classified BAT. it shows up as available from cmd store for $57. Meanwhile if you pay close attention amazon actually has it in stock directly from them for $35.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08TLJHV3L/

A few issues with this listing...

1. Amazon lists it as "apollo". Thanks hasbro for your codename, and amazon for not correcting it.
2. Amazon's listing not showing up as the default. Only an astute shopper will find the proper amazon listing.
3. Cmd store's absurd price of $58. That's a 65% markup.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2022, 11:52:54 AM »

Giving CMD store a go. Cannot believe that 4 figures after taxes & shipping are $35 each... and that I'm ok with it.  :crazy: :mad0218:

bobafett108

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Canadian Collector
    • View Profile
    • Quinte Star Wars
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2022, 07:51:04 PM »

have used cmdstore.ca a few times and have never had an issue witih them
With Wookie Rage

Visit my website
https://bobafett108.wixsite.com/quintestarwars
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 176494
  • Total Topics: 14488
  • Online Today: 50
  • Online Ever: 755
  • (January 23, 2020, 04:54:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 58
Total: 58

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 43 queries.