Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 29, 2023, 04:47:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

58 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deepdiscount.com and WowHD.ca  (Read 275 times)

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
Deepdiscount.com and WowHD.ca
« on: October 26, 2022, 10:45:38 AM »

I've picked up a few items from these stores recently. You can't count on mint packaging as they are not really collectibles stores. But they have been carrying action figures, and sometimes have good deals. For example, I picked up a couple retro grogus for about $3US which I added to an order of a few other items. Recently I bought the Magnum PI Blu-ray complete series for a decent price, for those into blu-rays.

For wowHD, you can get 10% off as a new customer when signing up to their email list. Not sure if it works on preorders. And deepdiscount often has 15% off in stock seasonal sales. So it's good to keep those in mind.

Shipping can be slow, and they ship from the US (even though wowHD has a .ca web address), so you can potentially get hit with customs. My couple orders made it through unscathed, so that was great.

I found this while surfing the web:

https://www.deepdiscount.com/hasbro-collectibles-star-wars-the-vintage-collection-stormtrooper/5010993968596

This makes me wonder if the walmart exclusives will open up to fan channel stores here in Canada like toysnowman, and the like. I'd rather order from them, than this deepdiscount. Better chance of getting it mint and supporting local Canadian business is good.

This one isn't cheap, but not much more than buying from walmart if it shows up here. If you buy 4, it works out to about $78US shipped. But I really only need one and I want it MOMC.

Just wondering if anyone here has any insights on whether these will show up at fan channel stores in Canada.

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Deepdiscount.com and WowHD.ca
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2022, 12:12:26 PM »

I hope they do cause I highly doubt I'd find the Stormtrooper at Walmart.  Sad thing is this was the Stormtrooper I was waiting for since they released the Rogue One version as I always wanted them to have the holster. 

What doesn't make sense to me too is that in Rogue One, they had no holsters but the event happen directly before A New Hope, so did all the Stormtroopers just decide they needed holsters after the Battle of Scarif?
B/S/T list:
http://www.snowtroopers.ca/index.php?topic=23390.0

BS 6" First Order Tie Fighter for sale.  See B/S/T thread.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
Re: Deepdiscount.com and WowHD.ca
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2022, 09:15:30 PM »

Entertainment Earth and BBTS both have preorders open for the walmart exclusives now. Maybe Canadian retailers will follow. This is definitely a good thing!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 176494
  • Total Topics: 14488
  • Online Today: 50
  • Online Ever: 755
  • (January 23, 2020, 04:54:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 58
Total: 58

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 43 queries.